5 Days Mombasa Packages
Mombasa is the second largest city in Kenya after Nairobi. The Port of Mombasa is the gateway and exit point for cargo belonging to a vast hinterland that include Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, Democratic Republic of Congo, Tanzania, South Sudan, Somalia and Ethiopia. Mombasa has one of the most popular beaches, hosting both domestic and international tourists. There is a wide variety of hotel options to cater for various traveler budgets.
Apart from the nice beaches, other great touristic attractions include: -
1. Fort Jesus which was built in by the Portuguese between 1593 to 1596 overlooking the harbor.
2. Haller Park which is a transformed, previously abandoned limestone quarry into a thriving nature reserve.
3. Mombasa Marine National Park which is one of the busiest of Kenya's offshore reserves, protecting mangroves, seagrass beds, sandy beaches, and coral reef.
4. Old Town which is reminiscent of the days when the Portuguese ruled this important port. The town's inhabitants are mostly of Arab, Asian, and European origin, and the architecture reflects their cultures.
5. Mamba Village Centre in Nyali which is East Africa's largest crocodile farm. Here, you can learn so much about these fascinating amphibians.
6. Mombasa Tusks built of aluminum to commemorate Queen Elizabeth's visit to Mombasa in 1952.